OPEN CALL FOR 2018
INTERES or International Residency is a residency program that aims to promote the exchange of arts and culture between international visual artists, curators and art writers with the Malaysian art community. It is a platform for international participants to learn about the local visual arts industry through establishing networks and collaborative projects.
The residency will be held at HOM Studio at 12A Jalan Cempaka 16, Taman Cempaka, 68000 Ampang Selangor, Malaysia.
- Is open to all international visual artists, curators and art writers.
- The residency period is between 25 to 30 days, started early of each month and it runs throughout the year.
- The participants will engage themselves in building networks to instigate potential collaborations with the local art community.
- Lodging. An air-conditioned room with a double-decker bed that will be shared with another participant.
- Local transportation
(Otherwise stated, participants will have to provide their own return flight tickets, travelling visa, meals and medical expenses)
Applicants must be actively practicing in their field with at least 3 current years of involvement in the art scene. Applicants must be able to communicate in English. They must be ready to undergo the programs that have been arranged by the organisers and prepared to interact with the local community.
Application is by OPEN CALL and there is no closing date. Applicants will need to send:
- An updated CV and portfolio.
- A proposal on how you will utilise your stay. For example; people you would like to meet? Places and things you want to visit and see and what kind of projects that you wish to do or collaborate.
- Please state your preferred month to attend the residency.
Please email your applications to
Attention to Mimie Baharuddin
Telephone : +6 012 303 4410
For more information, please visit www.homarttrans.com